I have started a new advice column for you to ask questions about things that may trouble you; and how to deal with stress, anxiety, and stress related problems in your life.

Your life is a reflection of your belief, usually subconsciously. These beliefs are the cumulative effect of lifelong programming. We sometimes think and behave in self-defeating ways as a result of past negative programming. These negative programming can cause physical illness.

So by asking for advice may help in realizing these believes and how to deal with them in a positive way.

Worried About My Son

Dear Dr.DJ
I have a son who is in his 20's and has been going to a psychologist for several years. When he was a teenager, I sent him to have piano lessons. It seems that the teacher started teaching him piano at her home and molesting him. He has not been the same ever since this happened. Ever time I try to talk about it to him and convince him to go to authorities, he just clams up. He is embarrassed and to be honest, our whole family is embarrassed to let this happen to him. I don't know what kind of spell she put on him, but I have found out that she is into some cult thing. I also found out that several parents at this time pulled their children away and started sending them to another piano teacher. I don't know what to do but feel that she needs to be punished for what she has done to my child. Is it too late to go to authorities since it has been several years ago and he is in his 20's now?
Worried About My Son


Dear Worried,
No, it is not too late to go to authorities. Have you talked to the psychologist to see what she suggests? Have you tried to get in touch with the other parents? You have to convince your son that he has not done anything wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of. I bet if you start checking around, you will find that she has done this before.

Good Luck

1 comment:

Carmen the Investigator said...

Sounds like this person is a pedophiliac or an adult who is sexually attracted to children and can not help theirselves?
I have been reading in the paper about teachers being caught with teenagers and here lately it seems that it is more female teachers being attracted to young boys. I wonder what that is all about. It used to be male teachers and now all you hear is about female teachers.
I was just out with a friend who is a police officer and handles that kind of thing and she says it is never to late to talk to authorities about this. They could start an investigation to see if the name has popped up before.
I hope this parent convinces her son to talk to authorities. The chances are that this kind of person never stops with one time. Who knows, they might stop it from happening to any one else.