I have started a new advice column for you to ask questions about things that may trouble you; and how to deal with stress, anxiety, and stress related problems in your life.

Your life is a reflection of your belief, usually subconsciously. These beliefs are the cumulative effect of lifelong programming. We sometimes think and behave in self-defeating ways as a result of past negative programming. These negative programming can cause physical illness.

So by asking for advice may help in realizing these believes and how to deal with them in a positive way.

Done

Dear Dr.DJ,

I know a person that I thought was really my friend . It's weird because at first she is really cool, funny, happy outgoing people and everyone wants to be around her, and she tend to dress different or act different or try to stand out. But after being around her I would feel just bad, and I would think "why am I feeling so anxious and depressed now? I just hung out with this really cool and funny person."

What it took me months to realize was that their funny and happy outside was an attempt to conceal huge insecurities on the inside. They'd make jokes like "you talk funny and etc!" which were not jokes, they were insults. They were trying to make you feel bad about yourself to make themselves feel cooler. And I realized eventually that someone who needs to be around people that badly all the time must be REALLY insecure.

Totally done with people like that!
Done

Dear Done,
It sounds like you have been involved with what we call in my profession is " an emotional vampire".
Just walk away from people like that and don't look back.  You are wise to be totally done with people who make you feel bad.

I welcome my readers to send your emails to me if you are or have been involved with these "emotional vampires" (sociopaths, friends that are jerks, narcissistic, psychopaths)

Thanks for all the emails and I will address them as they come in. Please allow at least 48 hours to post your emails.

askdrdj@comcast.net

No comments: